Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Holy Crap



(Image courtesy of BBC America)

I thought I knew what disgusting was until I saw today's 'How Clean Is Your House?' on BBC America. The show featured this songwriter from Nottingham who has apparently gone cuckoo - she was living with about twenty birds who are allowed to fly free (and poop free) in her living room! Her whole sitting area was covered in bird guano, ohh...it made me want to puke. I don't think I ever had a strong physical reaction to a tv show - I totally did with this one. Who lives like this??? And to top it off, the carpet cleaners found a nice surprise under her couch - there were slug trails!!! The whole underside of the couch was covered in slime. Aaaaaagh! Usually at some point in the show, they have lab tests done to find out what kind of bacteria's been growing in the house amongst the filth - on this show, I do believe the scientist who does the testing had a look that said "Seriously, do you think I even need to do a test to tell you that there are trillions of bacteria living in this woman's home???!!!" Ugh. I think I need a bath.

How Clean Is Your House airs back-to-back episodes weekdays at 5 pm EST on BBC America.

No comments: